Is Christ Our Example?

Seriously, my life was not meant to be an example to copy. Being my follower is not trying to ‘be like Jesus,’ it means for your independence to be killed.” p 149

Oh wait a minute! The teaching in Scripture is that we do aspire to be like Jesus and to follow and copy our Lord:

"For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps.”
1st Peter 2:21


For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.
John 13:15


Paul says, “Follow my example, as I follow Christ.”
1 Corinthians 11:1


Mr. Young, you have out-and-out denied the words of the Savior, and in doing so have influenced countless others to follow YOUR heretical example and the example of YOUR "father." Your father would be proud.